Watch the full Episode:https://elenaharderr.com/membership-home/podcast-membership
If you’ve ever had a friend of yours say “Well, I’m just going to get him circumcised” and you’ve held your tongue.
If you have had boys who have been circumcised, and you’re considering whether you should do that for your next child.
I encourage you to listen to this all the way through. It is absolutely a challenging topic, but I promise it is absolutely worthwhile.
Harry and I talked about in the full episode:
- The root cause of hurt experiences in adult life comes back to our childhood traumas and our childhood woundings
- When we look at the violence in the world, we can absolutely see that the violence done to small babies in their young years, it can be traced back to that root trauma of circumcision.
- Harry’s experience of finding out he was circumcised as a teen.
- The high retail price of foreskin on the medical market.
- We talk about how you can help educate the women around you
- How you can get involved in the bloodstained men movement, and help educate others.
- The injustice and the unconstitutional nature of circumcision and its comparison with female genital mutilation as a practice in the world.
This is a challenging, but beautiful conversation to have. I want to encourage you to before you start watching the episode, you can commit to listening to the whole thing, because the first 20 minutes are the hardest bit and then towards the end, we’re mostly talking about how we heal.
We talk a lot about compassion and a lot about how to be kind with men and ourselves on this journey of healing and integration from the very common and very horrific experience called male genital mutilation.
Connect with Our Guest Expert
Harry is a retired engineer who has for many years struggled to find better ways to do what should be the easiest thing imaginable: convincing people not to injure their own children. He joined his first Bloodstained Men protest in 2014 and decided then that the on-street and online actions of the organization are a promising way to protect kids from genital mutilation.
About Elena Harder
Elena Harder is on a mission to Nourish Mothers and create Bulletproof Moms. She started her awakening journey in 2010. Even with a challenging hospital birth, an abusive relationship, 7 years spent in crippling postpartum depression, self loathing and people pleasing. She never gave up hope on finding a way through. Her search for “mental health” led Elena to study Mindfulness, Spirituality, NLP, Theta Healing, Tantra, Optimal Nutrition, and Intermittent Fasting to find a way to finally recover her mind and joyful soul.
Now she works with other mothers to help them master the tools and skills that really work to remove their negative self talk, eliminate stress, heal their hearts, remove anxiety, fear, depression and be empowered to find their own Joygasmic Life.
Get the Free Joygasmic Birth eCourse at joygasm.me
Huge Thank you to SONNY for our Intro-Outro Song https://open.spotify.com/artist/7woO5xoM5KGReQEEqdexGj
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/joygasmic/message