A solo podcast on bare footing and how much I love it.
Places to walk barefoot.
Places NOT to walk barefoot.
Why shoes are hurting our bodies based on Weston Price’s work.
A sweet memory of walking barefoot summer 2020.
The real reason why I love barefooting.
The barefoot shoe brands we’ve decided to support that align with vegan values.
I got Earth Runner’s for Alex and myself $113 USD
- Feature a grounding strip which connects you electrically to the earth. This took some time to get used to, but now I love the feeling.
- I got him a size 6 women’s which I had measured to fit his feet + some grow room for next summer.
- I got these for hiking, so I got the thicker ones thinking I will appreciate the thickness on sharp rocks on trails etc.
- If I were to purchase again I would get the thinner sole because they do feel more stiff than my Whitin’s for example
Dan got Xero Genesis sandals and loves them $38 USD (and they cost a lot less than my Earth Runners)
- Men’s https://xeroshoes.com/shop/genesis/genesis-men/
- Women’s https://xeroshoes.com/shop/genesis/genesis-women/
Spring or Fall
We all got Whitin’s which I think may actually be my favorite of all of the shoes.
- They are only $40 USD which makes them an easy entry into barefoot shoes.
- They are flexible, low profile, wide toe box and simple style.
- $150 USD
- They are good for dry-cold climates. Not great for wet-rain climates.
- Good to -10 or so. Not major frozen Canadian north boots, but they’ve worked for our BC life.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/joygasmic/message